There are so many great recipe books and healthy living books available today. I have read many, but the following are the ones that I come back to over and over.
- joy of COOKING by Rombauer, Becker, & Becker This book has so many beloved and classic recipes. Although I am dairy-free, corn-free, and try to limit my meat intake this book has given me so many wonderful recipes that I am able to make substitutions for.
- Chloe’s Vegan Italian Kitchen by Chloe Coscarelli This book is becoming one of my new favorites. It takes classic italian recipes that I have not been able to eat because of my allergies and makes them vegan friendly. As I try more and more of her recipes I will post some of my favorites.
- The Daniel Plan by Warren, Amen, and Hyman If you want to live a healthier life style, but don’t want to be a vegetarian or vegan this is a great book to get you started. The book is written by a pastor and two medical doctors. Most of the book is focused on educating you on foods that heal or harm, the role of fitness, and how to change the way we eat. Faith plays an important role in this book, but no matter your belief you will find it very helpful in guiding you to healthy living. The end of the book offers a great 40 day plan with recipes.
- The Daniel Plan Cookbook by Warren, Amen, Hyman This book offers more than 100 Daniel Plan recipes for healthy eating. A chapter on how to create a “Daniel Plan” pantry is very thorough and helpful.
- The Forks Over Knives Plan by Pulde and Lederman This book is written by two doctors. It is a 28 day meal plan with a ton of imformation on why, in their educated opinion, a vegan lifestyle is the healthiest. I probably use this book more than any of the other books for lunch/dinner recipes. There is a movie/documentary by the same title.
These books or Forks Over Knives Video can be found by visiting your local library. If it’s not on your library’s shelf, you can have them request it from another branch. It’s a great way to spend a few weeks picking through the recipes to see if it’s worth purchasing.
I would love to hear about your favorite recipes or recipe books.